- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Special Occasions
- Christmas & Advent
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Dove Awards
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- New Year's Resources
- Resources for Love & Hope
Take your kids on an adventure through the Bible!
The bestselling NIrV Adventure Bible® for Early Readers gets kids 6-10 excited about God's Word! They will be captivated with the full-color features that make reading Scripture and memorizing their favorite verses engaging and fun. Along the way they'll meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly, they'll grow closer in their relationship with God.
This Bible includes the complete New International Reader's Version (NIrV) which is written at a third-grade reading level and based on the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV). The NIrV is perfect for children learning to read and explore the Bible for the first time on their own.
- Full color throughout - Makes learning about the people, places, and culture of the Bible even more engaging
- Life in Bible Times - Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
- Words to Treasure - Highlights great verses to memorize
- Did You Know? - Interesting facts help you understand God's Word and the life of faith
- People in Bible Times - Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
- Live It! - Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
- Twenty special pages - Focus on topics such as famous people of the Bible, highlights of the life of Jesus, how to pray, and the love passage for kids, all with a jungle safari theme
- Book introductions explain useful facts about each book of the Bible
- Dictionary/concordance is great for looking up tricky words
- Color map section helps locate places in the Bible
- Complete text of the easy-to-read New International Reader's Version (NIrV) of the Bible
- 9-point font size
More Product Information
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- ISBN: 0310727421
- ISBN-13: 9780310727422
- UPC: 025986727420
- SKU: 9780310727422
- Release Date: June 24, 2014
- Pages: 1536
- Language: English
- Version: New International Readers
- Bible Type: General Use
- Binding: Hardcover
- Red Letter: N
- Height: 1.64 inches
- Width: 5.86 inches
- Length: 8.66 inches
- Weight: 2.42 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 06 through 09 years
- Recommended Grade Range: 1st Grade through 4th Grade
- Series Name: HarperCollins Christian Bible Bestsellers
About the Author
Lawrence O. Richards (1931-2016) (B.A., University of Michigan; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Northwestern University) was the one of the most prominent and prolific Christian education writer in evangelical circles during the last half of the Twentieth Century. He has written more than 70 books on the overall philosophy of Christian education, church renewal, children’s ministry, youth ministry, leadership, small groups, spirituality and Bible teaching. A few of the titles he has been involved in were Creative Bible Teaching, Christian Education: Foundations for the Future, Every Name of God in the Bible, and Life of Christ. He and his wife, Sue, also wrote the features for the bestselling Adventure Bible and Teen Study Bible. He passed away on October 16, 2016.
About the Author
Sample Verse: John 3:16-17 16 God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through him.
Translation Summary: Working from the NIV as a base to maximize accessibility for younger readers.
About Translation: A thorough, scholarly simplification of the NIV, the NIrV was specifically designed to help young children and new readers understand the Bible for themselves and create an easy steppingstone from a children’s Bible to an adult Bible. Published in 1995, updated in 1998.